If you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, or you want to become a better beekeeper, join me for thoughts on beekeeping in the news, honeybee research, book and equipment reviews, interviews, and other beekeeping topics.

Subscribe in iTunes

Subscribe in Zune

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stormy Weather?

Saturday: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. South wind between 3 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Three days to go and I've got a bit of work to do.

First, I've got to go and pick the final site for my two hives. There's been a little delay in getting that done, but tommorrow, hopefully, I'll be meeting up with the landowner to pick a choice spot. I would have liked to have had this done earlier. I'll be relieved when that's done.

Second, I've got to get me recording and camera equipment set up and ready to go.

Third, I've got to go pick up my bees. Saturday morning, I'll be getting them. The forecast for Saturday is rain, so I may have to hold off on installing them until Sunday.

I have to say that I am a little nervous about the whole process. I'm confident, but still there is a little fear of the unknown and what how my installation will go.

I promise to post pictures and the audio podcast ASAP.

No comments: