ABOUT THE BEEKEEPING PODCAST

If you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, or you want to become a better beekeeper, join me for thoughts on beekeeping in the news, honeybee research, book and equipment reviews, interviews, and other beekeeping topics.

Subscribe in iTunes

Subscribe in Zune

Friday, September 5, 2008

Bloom Times Chart


Click for larger image.

While the 2008 beekeeping season isn't finished yet, I'm already planning for next year.  

Another thing that I learned this year was that knowing the bloom time of flowers that my bees are visiting is important.  Here's something that I put together using some information from the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension.  The information is for Kentucky, but may be useful to others as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to agree with your comments on the last podcast, regarding the winter losses of bees. Even with the commercial beekeeping, the lack of responsible beekeeping is alarming.

I believe that beekeepers have to be more responsible if we are going to save the bees. We are in a critical time of bee management and we have to be diligent in our efforts and not half hazardly.