ABOUT THE BEEKEEPING PODCAST

If you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, or you want to become a better beekeeper, join me for thoughts on beekeeping in the news, honeybee research, book and equipment reviews, interviews, and other beekeeping topics.

Subscribe in iTunes

Subscribe in Zune

Friday, June 13, 2008

Varroa Sticky Board Test Results

I stopped by the hives after work today.  Both hives had bees busily milling about at the entrances.  I simply slid out the screened bottom board from the back of each hive and headed home to check the results.  Using my fly-fishing magnifying glass my oldest son and I counted each sticky board. 

Here are the 48 hour test results: Genesis: 52 Exodus: 20












Here's another close up of the mites.  They are the oval dark buggers.

No comments: