ABOUT THE BEEKEEPING PODCAST

If you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, or you want to become a better beekeeper, join me for thoughts on beekeeping in the news, honeybee research, book and equipment reviews, interviews, and other beekeeping topics.

Subscribe in iTunes

Subscribe in Zune

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Northern Kentucky Beekeepers Meeting

Tonight I attended the Northern Kentucky Beekeepers meeting at the local extension office.  There were about 25 people there, although not all of them beekeepers.

It was great meeting all of the local beekeepers and I was encouraged by the willingness to assist new beekeepers such as myself.

It was a coincidence because Phil Craft, the Kentucky State Aparist, was there to discuss Varroa and treatment options.  Wow!  I could not have planned it better.  Phil went through a great presentation and discussion about Varroa.  It was just what I needed.  He also answered some basic questions I had about inspecting the hive and how to best accomplish it.

I highly recommend getting to know other beekeepers in the area.  I think building those relationships will prove invaluable in the future.

No comments: