ABOUT THE BEEKEEPING PODCAST

If you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, or you want to become a better beekeeper, join me for thoughts on beekeeping in the news, honeybee research, book and equipment reviews, interviews, and other beekeeping topics.

Subscribe in iTunes

Subscribe in Zune

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tracking Bees

This evening, while sitting outside on the back patio, I saw some honeybees giving my hummingbird feeder a good workover.  Several bees were lapping up the sweet red sugar water and returning to their hive (somewhere east) via flying in between my and my neighbors house.  

I decided to try a little experiment and doused the bees with powdered sugar.  I wanted to see if the same bees were returning to the feeder.  Sure enough, I saw the same bees coming back, time and time again.  

The kids thought this was pretty cool.  So did I.

No comments: