ABOUT THE BEEKEEPING PODCAST

If you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, or you want to become a better beekeeper, join me for thoughts on beekeeping in the news, honeybee research, book and equipment reviews, interviews, and other beekeeping topics.

Subscribe in iTunes

Subscribe in Zune

Monday, October 27, 2008

First Frost

Here in Northern Kentucky the weather has definitely turned towards winter.  The leaves have been changing, the grass has stopped growing, and while deer hunting near my hives last week, I noticed minimal activity coming from the hives.  The temperatures here have been in the 60'-40's range, but tonight is expected to be the first frost of the season.

Tomorrow, I'll head out to the hives for one last seasonal visit.  I need to remove the top feeders, tilt the hives a little more, install mouse guards, remove the ApiGaurd, and say good bye to the 2008 beekeeping season. 


No comments: